Robert and Pat Moore have decades of communications experience. They also have taught and supervised writers/editors in various industries. PMR’s recent work includes editing technical material for specialized as well as general audiences:
- The award-winning Spreading the Risks (STR) required editing complex financial services information and transforming it into reader friendly text, e.g. chapters about intricate Lloyd’s of London transactions and complex legal issues.
- Along with Robert’s coauthoring and Pat’s editing of STR, they managed its initial publication and marketing in 2003. PMR subsequently developed the book’s website and promotional material, capturing the text’s major themes in a single paragraph, page or several pages.
- Additionally, PMR prepared, published and marketed STR’s revised edition in mid-2005; this led to the 2006 Golden Torch Award from the Insurance Marketing Communications Association. Work on related projects is ongoing.
- Robert and Pat worked with HeaneyCouger to develop a “Hiring Systems Manual.” Twenty-five large regional companies use this 250+ page guide to train supervisors/employees. Besides translating hiring instructions, step-by-step training applications and legal forms into comprehensible language, the material incorporates applicable federal/state legal requirements.
- Ongoing work with the past President of the American Academy of Osteopathy entails converting difficult medical concepts and language into plain English speeches/articles for physicians as well as beginning medical students and wider audiences.
- Since 2004, PMR has assisted Habitat for Humanity International’s past Board Chairman and acting CEO with various projects. In addition to speeches and manuscripts, PMR has edited/marketed the critically acclaimed Music of a Thousand Hammers: Inside Habitat for Humanity (2006) and “Where is Church?—One Man’s Quest (2012).
- Since 2008, PMR has written and edited articles on various public policy issues which have appeared in national, regional and local publications from Florida to California.